The living room is perhaps the single most important room in your home. It is the place where you and your family gather for watching TV, playing games, reading or just enjoying being at home.
Because it's meant to be lived in, the living room should be inviting, warm, cosy and comfortable.
To help ensure you're on the right track in creating the living room of your dreams, FIAA offers these shopping tips:
- First consider your lifestyle – do you have children, pets, home theatre equipment, entertain large groups, etc.
- Determine your budget.
- In addition to a sofa or other major seating piece, you'll probably also want a chair or two to accommodate guests.
- You will need occasional tables such as sofa tables and a coffee table.
- An entertainment centre or wall unit is a must for all the electronic equipment – TV, DVD, etc.
- Measure your space carefully to determine what furniture you can comfortably accommodate.
- Lamps are a must for a living room for soft mood lighting.
- Accessories are essential to put the finishing touch on your space.