To help ensure you're on the right track in searching for your dream sofa, the FIAA offer these shopping tips:
- Colour will be the first element you respond to, so look for colours that express your personal style. It is important to remember that Australian manufacturers can offer a much wider range of colour options compared to imported suites.
- When you find a style that appeals to you, try it out for comfort.
- Bounce up and down on the cushions. Make sure it feels right to you.
- Wiggle the arms. Do they hold firm, indicating good workmanship?
- Lift the frame. Does it feel heavy and sturdy?
- Examine the fabric. Are the seams straight? Does the fabric line up properly? Does it feel pleasing to the touch?
- Check the price. Quality sofas are available in all price ranges.
- Measure it. You don't want the sofa to overwhelm your room, but you also don't want it to be dwarfed by other pieces.
- After you've done all your checks, the most important thing is to follow your heart. If you love it, then it's right for you.